More pics from my cruise several months ago.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Damn It OJ!


I remember like it was yesterday, most of my high school class packed in Mr. Rutschman's room awaiting the verdict. Whites on one side and blacks on the other. Not Guilty! We (the blacks) cheered like we had won the lottery. Later that evening while talking to my former boss Dan (a jew), he was furious and could not believe there was an acquittal. Now Dan is not racist in the least, and actually could be termed a civil rights advocate. This was one thing he could not let go, and it had nothing to do with race. We would argue and argue and he would ask "How can you believe this man is innocent?" He would say that he could understand if I felt like the justice system had been so slanted against blacks, that the verdict was one time where blacks got over on the system. I didn't feel that way though, I argued until I was blue that the evidence did not show he was guilty, that he was being framed and he was truly innocent (this is my 17 year old pre-law school opinion).

So fast-forward ten years, this dude writes a book about how he would have killed them if he was the killer. Seriously?!!!! I was personally offended, not to mention sick to my stomach for the Brown and Goldman families. I cannot believe I supported this asshole. What else can you call someone who could be sooo callous? Not only are you a murderer who got away with murder, you want to profit off of the story of how you killed the mother of your children?

So OJ was arrested and is being held in Nevada for armed robbery. According to investigators, Simpson and several cohorts burst into a room at the Palace Station hotel Thursday evening and confiscated collectibles that Simpson claims were stolen from him (the items were being offered for sale by a dealer with whom Simpson has had prior business dealings). Simpson, who is facing six felony charges, is the second person arrested for the alleged memorabilia heist. Walter Alexander, a 46-year-old Arizona man, was nabbed last night on armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, and conspiracy raps. Two firearms were seized during search warrants executed following the arrest of Alexander, whose booking photo can be found here. The weapons, cops contend, were the ones used during the hotel heist. I hope he is sentenced to the max! Listen to the audio of the robbery.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid285859616/bclid294430730/bctid1184501471

1 comment:

brittaJ said...

Summer OJ did not do it. I agree he should have not wrote the book. But again all the money from the book goes to the Goldman family, so why not give them what they want. Remember OJ did not not want his youngest daughter to testify, and she said the voice she heard was not her father's voice. We all know OJ is not smart, after he won the Heisman...need I say more. However, he was proven innocent so can we leave it at that.